I can help build and maintain websites and all the tasks that are associated with this.
Website are pretty easy and quick to make now, it’s the content and the networks that matter, Facebook pages can get a lot of attention but they are terrible at keeping important information where people can see it. So a successful FB page or Group needs an associated website.
(and probably vice versa)
Some of the option include a hosted site such as this one, it has been built using WordPress, I pay about $100 dollars a year for the use of the server, registering the domain names cost me $13 and It has taken about 20 hours to get me to this point and $55 to buy the theme
I made the choice to do it this way because:
- I have others websites I run from the same ISP, so that’s paid for.
- WordPress.org (.org for FOSS) is very flexible and easy to use and maintain.
- I enjoy using WordPress.
There are a lot of other options we could consider
- WordPress.com (.com for commercial) is FREE and quite powerful, I can put a website together for you quite quickly, the paid version offer some extra features but nothing that is indispensable.
I’m developing a resource at Roy’s FREE WordPress Resources
This is a FREE WordPress site I developed an co-created with Wide Bay and Burnett Community Exchange
- Cloud-based web development platform like Wix and dozens more, most offer free versions and they are pretty simple to put together, this is a good thing. I thought they were a bit expensive when compared to WordPress
This is a nice example of a simple useful website built using one of these platforms Wondai Country Markets they have an associated Facebook Page and lots of bright photos.
- Drupal is a wonderful free open sourced platform, you could probably do anything with Drupal, The Self Help Queensland site uses Drupal, this site is very plain by choice, people with various disabilities might use it and plain is good if people have disabilities.